FRESHNESS SERVED TAVERN-STYLE WITH SPRING MENU AT MARLOW’S Neighborhood Tavern Celebrates Spring with Seasonal Menu
Central Florida’s favorite neighborhood restaurant, Marlow’s Tavern, celebrates spring with new seasonal dishes and handcrafted cocktails with the freshest local and regional ingredients the season has to offer.
“Our goal is to deliver great flavors with high quality ingredients in craveable, unique options,” said John C. Metz, executive chef and co-founder of Marlow’s Tavern. “When designing our new food and beverage menus, we aim to encompass our adoration for the bountiful and flavorful ingredients springtime brings us.”
With ample options coming straight from the farmers’ trucks to the chefs’ kitchens at Marlow’s Tavern in Winter Park and at Pointe Orlando, each neighborhood restaurant delivers a unique twist to tavern fare to every guest while supporting sustainability and local purveyors.
COOL, CRISP GREENS
Marlow’s Tavern’s new spring menu offers a renaissance on farm-fresh salads, including:
- Baby Kale Caesar salad with crisp romaine, chopped egg, Parmesan, house-made Caesar dressing and garlic flatbread crouton ($6)
- Tavern salad of field greens, jumbo asparagus tips, sugar snap peas, toasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and apple cider and honey vinaigrette ($6)
- Ahi Tuna Nicoise with field greens, Kalamata olives, parsley-covered fingerling potatoes, jumbo asparagus, chopped egg and house-made Lemonette ($15)
FIRST TASTES & PLENTY TO SHARE
Marlow’s Tavern is lauded for connecting with local purveyors to serve freshly caught fare in two new appetizers:
- Smoked Trout Dip featuring Ducktrap River smoked trout, horseradish, olive oil, fresh herbs and house-made wheat thins ($8)
- Lump crab beignets with wasabi-honey mustard ($8.50)
THE MAIN PLATE
For the main course, Metz and his team of talented chefs brainstormed over bright flavors and tasty trends, while revisiting classics, creating modern twists and, of course, toiling, cooking, and tasting in the Alpharetta, Ga. test kitchen, where Marlow’s Tavern was founded. Seasonal entrees include:
- Grilled Lamb Wrap with marinated lamb loin, baby arugula, red onions, Roma tomatoes and chipotle-tzatziki dressing ($14.50)
- Roast Turkey Cuban with Golden Farms organic turkey, yellow mustard sauce, Swiss cheese and crunchy dill pickle on a pressed Cuban roll ($10)
- Crispy Chicken Stack, with grilled Prestige Farms chicken pounded tender, sugar snap peas, baby shiitake mushroom, fresh herbs, grape tomatoes, orzo, Dijon-caramelized onion and thyme jus ($14)
- Grilled Salmon with jumbo pearl cous cous, sautéed Taylor Farms baby kale, slivered almonds, dried cherry and red wine reduction ($17)
- Grilled Center-Cut Filet seasoned perfectly and paired with jumbo asparagus, roasted fingerling parsley-dusted potatoes, seared cauliflower and classic au Poivre sauce ($19.50)
A SWEET FINISH
A properly balanced meal includes dessert. The latest on Marlow’s menu includes:
- RumChata Tres Leches ($6)
- Classic Crème Brûlée ($6)
CARE FOR AN ADULT BEVERAGE?
Marlow’s Tavern indulges guests with delicious food and a unique twist on handcrafted cocktails and beverage selections. New on the tap this spring are Anchor Steam, Westbrook White Thai, and Red Hare Long Day lager.
The newest libations include, from the Left Coast Negroni featuring DH Krahn gin, Giffard Pamplemousse grapefruit liqueur, Grand Poppy and Bittercube Jamaica #2 bitters with a grapefruit peel garnish, to the Chamberry Spritzer, a refreshing cocktail of Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka, Dolin Blanc, muddled strawberries, simple syrup, lemon juice, club soda, fennel bitters, and garnishes of lemon peel and strawberry.
The neighborhood tavern has two locations in Florida, on International Drive at Pointe Orlando and in Winter Park on Orlando Avenue (17-92). Marlow’s Tavern is open for lunch and dinner daily.
Become an Insider for specials and the latest news at www.MarlowsTavern.com