SeaWorld Orlando Invites Guests to Celebrate International Sawfish Day with “Expert Talk” Sessions Featuring Guest Speakers from NOAA and the SeaWorld Aquarist Team
- SeaWorld Orlando and NOAA welcomes pass members, guests to attend in-person expert talks throughout the day focused on sawfish care and conservation
- Smalltooth sawfish are critically endangered and the only species of sawfish to be found in the United States; preserving the species in human care is vital to conservation
- An unprecedented surprise announcement will be shared during these sessions
- WHAT: SeaWorld Orlando and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) are joining forces to co-host a series of “expert talks” on International Sawfish Day. In an effort to raise awareness around the critically endangered smalltooth sawfish and the steps being made by SeaWorld and agencies such as NOAA and the AZA, guests will have the opportunity to hear from animal care experts on the status of the species and the incredible strides being made towards their conservation. In addition, SeaWorld Orlando will be making a unprecedented surprise announcement where attendees will be the first to hear about SeaWorld’s historical milestone achievement toward the conservation and preservation of the sawfish species.
- WHERE: SeaWorld Orlando | Sharks Underwater Grill- Private Room 7007 Sea World Drive, Orlando, FL 32821
- WHEN: October 17, 2023
- 11:00am- Exclusive for Pass Members
ABOUT: SeaWorld is a leading marine life theme park and accredited zoo and aquarium that provides experiences that matter while educating and inspiring guests of all ages to care about marine life. Welcoming millions of guests every year, the parks offer fun and enriching experiences from up-close animal encounters and year-round educational programs to award-winning marine-life themed rides and attractions, special events and exciting entertainment. For more than 60 years SeaWorld has advanced the conservation of marine life in and outside its parks through science, education, and exceptional animal care that is Humane Certified by American Humane and accredited by the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums and the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. SeaWorld is one of the largest marine animal rescue organizations in the world, helping more than 40,000 animals to date. The SeaWorld Conservation Fund, a non-profit foundation established in 2003, has provided more than $20 million to nearly 1,400 organizations to advance critical research on every continent. A portion of park proceeds goes toward supporting these longstanding conservation commitments. SeaWorld parks are in Orlando, San Antonio, San Diego and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE). SeaWorld is part of the SeaWorld Entertainment (NYSE: SEAS) portfolio of theme park brands. For more information, visit us at SeaWorld.com.