Food safety best practices and resources during COVID-19
During this time of uncertainty, consumers, farmers and retailers have many questions regarding food safety and COVID-19. Yaohua “Betty” Feng, assistant professor of food science at Purdue University, and her lab have compiled information from nationwide food safety experts on a central reference website.
The website outlines food safety best practices including:
- Consumer personal hygiene.
- Stopping the spread of germs.
- Grocery shopping recommendations.
- Guidelines for farmers and producers.
- Guidelines for manufacturers and retailers.
- Information for Extension educators.
The website is continuously updated with the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 and food safety. For food safety best practices, please visit the following sites:
- English version: https://ag.purdue.edu/foodsci/
- Spanish version: https://ag.purdue.edu/foodsci/
- Chinese version: https://ag.purdue.edu/foodsci/
About Purdue University
Purdue University is a top public research institution developing practical solutions to today’s toughest challenges. Ranked the No. 6 Most Innovative University in the United States by U.S. News & World Report, Purdue delivers world-changing research and out-of-this-world discovery. Committed to hands-on and online, real-world learning, Purdue offers a transformative education to all. Committed to affordability and accessibility, Purdue has frozen tuition and most fees at 2012-13 levels, enabling more students than ever to graduate debt-free. See how Purdue never stops in the persistent pursuit of the next giant leap at purdue.edu.