Autumn is for Old Amsterdam®: Gouda for Football, Fall Festivals, and Fabulous Entertaining!
Gouda is the cheese of fall, and no one does Gouda better than Old Amsterdam®. Whether you’re preparing for a fall filled with tailgates, back-to-school lunches, or other fall gatherings, Old Amsterdam Cheese is the answer to all your autumn taste buds.
Truly the most versatile cheese on the market, Old Amsterdam offers their Classic Aged Gouda and Old Amsterdam Goat Gouda. Old Amsterdam Cheese is a top leader in the Branded Aged Gouda Market in Holland, as Gouda cheese continues to grow in the US and worldwide. Both Gouda and Goat cheeses have risen in popularity among specialty cheeses over the past year. Old Amsterdam lends its name to some of the best Gouda and Goat Gouda cheeses on the market. Premium and specialty cheeses continue to perform well with more people eating and entertaining at home, as many Americans have expanded beyond traditional favorites to full-flavored specialty products, for which Old Amsterdam is well-known.
The line-up includes:
· Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda known as The Classic. This is the #1 Aged Gouda in Holland. The Classic Gouda is aged for a minimum of 8 months creating a perfect balance between sweet and savory. It has rich butterscotch undertones and a dense, smooth texture sparked with fine ripening crystals. This popular and well-loved favorite from Holland has won numerous awards and is loved internationally. It is ideal for cheese platters, recipes,
· Old Amsterdam Goat Gouda has been voted the #1 Hard Goat’s Milk cheese in the world. The Goat Gouda is aged for a minimum of 8 months and has a very surprisingly and pleasant flavor profile: refreshingly sweet with caramel undertones and a smooth, creamy texture with fine ripening crystals. The sweetness and texture make this great to top on salads, with sandwiches, and in many popular recipes. It pairs well on a platter with hazelnuts, figs, fruits, and your favorite IPA.
Both flavors are great for eating straight from the pack, adding to sandwiches or salads, or melting on top of your favorite fall dishes. With deep, rich, and nutty flavors, Old Amsterdam is perfect for cooking the best autumn meals, and is sure to leave your hearts, souls, and stomachs warm and cozy. As the fall air crisps, there isn’t anything quite like sitting around the dining table with family and friends, sharing memories while savoring every last bite of Old Amsterdam’s finest featuring the Classic and Goat Goudas. Old Amsterdam also goes splendidly alongside the favorite flavors of fall—think apple, pumpkin, and spices galore– thus making its Gouda and Goat varieties the ideal addition to any Fall Harvest Cheese Board or Grazing Platter.
Old Amsterdam can be purchased through e-commerce athttps://shop.norseland.com/
Here are a couple delicious recipes featuring Old Amsterdam cheeses to get your autumn off to an amazing start!
Old Amsterdam Tall Sandwich
This delicious sandwich is easy to prepare and a feast for the eyes!
5 minutes - 2 persons - Lunch
• 4 slices of Old Amsterdam Classic
• 1 sweet apple cut into slices
• 1 head California endive
• 4 slices of buckwheat walnut bread, or bread of choice
• 2 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 handful of arugula
1. Cut the endive in half lengthwise, cut the bitter, hard part from the bottom and cut the leaves into strips.
2. Spread the slices of bread with a thin layer of Dijon mustard and place the arugula and endive on top.
3. Divide some slices of apple on top and then cover with slices of Old Amsterdam Classic.
4. Then finish the sandwich with a slice of bread and enjoy!
Also very tasty: Drizzle the arugula and endive lightly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Old Amsterdam Fall Grazing Board
- All your favorite Old Amsterdam cheeses, cut and sliced as you wish
- Charcuterie (e.g., prosciutto, salami, chorizo), if desired
- Fruits (e.g., berries, oranges, grapes)
- Vegetables (e.g., carrots, celery, radishes, cherry tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers)
- Nuts (e.g., almonds, cashews, pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts)
- Crackers, breads, and/or crunchies (e.g., popcorn, baked chickpeas, pretzels)
- Condiments (e.g., specialty mustards, honey, jams, preserves)
Arrange your grazing platter by spreading items around grazing board and enjoy!
For more great recipes, including the Old Amsterdam Burger, Rustic Toastie Sandwich, Salads, Tortilla Wraps, Cheeseboards, and more, please contact sbender@bendergrouppr.
About Old Amsterdam Cheese
Old Amsterdam is a premium Gouda brand with a character all its own. Its Gouda assortment offers unique, rich flavors and enticing, creamy, or smooth textures with ripening crystals in the aged varieties. The products are the result of authentic family recipes and a tireless passion for great cheese. Old Amsterdam is a brand of the family-owned Westland Cheese Company and it is distributed in North America by Norseland, Inc.
About Westland Cheese Company
The Westland Cheese Company is a family business that originates from the early 20th century (1936) and is located in Huizen (Holland). Westland is 100 % family-owned, and led by Mrs. Henny Westland, with its third-generation management currently handling the business. Old Amsterdam Cheese is the flagship brand & product and currently exported to more than 65 countries around the world.
Westland also includes sustainability efforts to lower its carbon footprint. The company will be 100 years old in 2036, and its goal is to serve at least 100 million people sustainable, climate-neutral cheese by that year. Steps include decreasing the amount of plastic used and incorporating recyclable packaging, using green-based electricity, and buying only from sustainable dairy chains. The members of these dairy chains participate in the program, Cow Compass, a management system on animal health and welfare for companies producing milk and making dairy products. Extra food products are delivered to food banks and the company supports several social goals with financial support and volunteering. Westland also launched a joint venture with Those Vegan Cowboys to introduce a plant-based vegan cheese.
About Norseland, Inc.
Norseland, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of TINA SA, a cooperative of more than 11,000 dairy farmers in Norway. They are best known as the importer, sales, marketing, and distribution agent for the iconic Jarlsberg cheese, but the family of brands is very diverse, including the top specialty brands that span Europe and that combine traditional recipes, passed down through family generations, with modern cheese making techniques.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario