MAKER FAIRE ORLANDO RETURNS NOVEMBER 13-14, 2021
A family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, and resourcefulness
ORLANDO, Fla. (Oct. 2021) – Maker Faire Orlando is a non-profit, community-organized, celebration featuring local do-it-yourself science, art, rockets, robots, crafts, technology, music and hands-on activities. The family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness returns on Nov. 13-14, 2021 where people show what they are making and share what they are learning at the 9th annual event to be held at the Central Florida Fairgrounds.
ndividuals behind the exhibits are known as ‘Makers’ and range from tech enthusiasts to crafters and scientists to garage tinkerers of all ages and backgrounds. The two-day event is expected to draw 15,000 attendees and includes 300 exhibits, Power Racing, Combat Robots, Nerdy Derby, and much more on display throughout three air-conditioned exhibit halls, as well as green spaces filled with hands-on activities, workshops and competitions.
Maker Faire Orlando
- Saturday, Nov. 13 and Sunday, Nov. 14
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (both days)
- Central Florida Fairgrounds (4603 W Colonial Dr., Orlando, FL 32808)
- FREE on-site parking
- A variety of food choices are available for purchase.
- For more information and tickets: www.makerfaireorlando.com
- Follow on Facebook, or signup for the mailing list for the most up to date information.
PreSale Tickets On Sale Through Nov. 12
Order tickets online (nominal fee applies): https://www.makerfaireorlando.
- One Day Tickets: Presale Youth and Student $15, Adult $20
- Two Day Tickets: Presale Youth and Student $25, Adult $35
- Tickets are available at the gate Nov. 13 and Nov. 14
- First responders, active military and Veterans receive free admission to Maker Faire Orlando with identification. Employees of schools, colleges, universities, homeschool educators and libraries also receive free admission to Maker Faire Orlando with identification.
Exhibits & Hands-on Workshops
From engineers to artists to scientists to crafters, Makers showcase hobbies, experiments and projects. Immerse yourself in Maker culture with exhibits, a performance stage, big art and spectacle. Experience hands-on learning by people who make, play, tinker and hack to include robotics, cosplay, STEM & STEAM, crafts, science, electronics, tools and crazy things you’ve never seen!
Robot Ruckus is back for 2021 and is included with Maker Faire Orlando tickets. See your favorite robot builders from TV having fun destroying each other's toys with more than 20 teams from the BattleBots show on the Discovery Channel and Discovery+. For more information visit robotruckus.org.
Power Racing is a fun-filled racing experience where makers construct their own machines to go racing. Racers can spend up to $500 on a racer that looks like a children’s ride or toy.
About Maker Faire Orlando
Maker Faire Orlando is a non-profit, community-organized, family-friendly celebration featuring local do-it-yourself science, art, rockets, robots, crafts, technology, music and hands-on activities. Maker Faire Orlando is produced by The Maker Effect Foundation and funded in part by Orange County Government through the Arts & Cultural Affairs Program. Ticket proceeds benefit The Maker Effect Foundation, a 501(c)(3) educational charity located in Orlando, Fla.
Maker Faire originated in 2006 in the San Francisco Bay Area as a project of the editors of Make: magazine. It has since grown into a significant worldwide network of independently-produced events. Maker Faire Orlando is independently organized and operated under license from Make: Community, LLC. This project is funded in part by Orange County Government through the Arts & Cultural Affairs Program.
Maker Faire Orlando continues to work with local health officials to follow current COVID guidelines with respect to the safety of our staff, exhibitors, and attendees.