Looking for some delicious recipes to try for Father's Day? Davilla’s BBQ, a third-generation family-run restaurant, has got you covered! The family of BBQ pitmasters is unveiling their secret family recipe, "Grandpa Davila's Potato Salad," perfect for serving as a side dish for your Father's Day feast. Additionally, Adrian Davila and his father are also available for an interview to discuss the recipe and their restaurant.
"Grandpa Davila's Potato Salad" is a guest favorite dating back to the 1950s when Adrian's uncle owned a restaurant. However, the recipe was created well before then and has been a hit at their family gatherings for generations. This timeless dish combines potatoes, eggs, celery, pickle, mustard, and touches of sweetness that make it a perfect addition to any summer meal.
It’s not served hot, but the pickle and the touch of mustard bring some tanginess to the Davila style of potato salad.
3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
1 large egg
2 celery ribs, finely chopped
1⁄4 green bell pepper, diced
1⁄4 medium yellow onion, diced
1⁄4 cup sweet relish
1⁄4 cup diced sweet pepper
1⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
1. Bring the potatoes to a boil in a large pot of water and boil until soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
2. Drain the potatoes, mash them a bit (you want them to remain slightly lumpy), and set them aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil and boil the egg for 15 minutes. Allow the egg to cool, then peel and finely chop it.
4. Stir together the egg, celery, bell pepper, onion, sweet relish, and sweet pepper in a medium bowl.
5. Stir the sugar, salt, and pepper into the cooled mashed potatoes.
6. Stir the vegetable mixture, mayonnaise, and mustard into the potatoes. Mix thoroughly and serve.
Davila's BBQ is a Texas-based family business that provides authentic and award-winning BBQ. With this family recipe, the restaurant honors its roots and memories while also providing a delicious dish that will make Father's Day memorable.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario