“We’re reintroducing Ringling at a time when families are seeking shared entertainment experiences providing joy, connection and moments of togetherness,” said Kenneth Feld, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of Feld Entertainment. “To redefine Ringling for today’s audiences, we started with a blank slate and evolved all aspects from production to performance to meet the needs of modern families, ultimately creating a massive playground that delivers an incredible and unique performance that can only be called The Greatest Show On Earth.”
Discovered during a global talent search, the show’s cast of 75 performers hail from more than 18 countries including Ethiopia, Mongolia, Ukraine, Argentina, Cuba, Italy, Spain, Canada and the U.S., among others. Their inspirational stories foster powerful connections through circus arts ranging from aerial, acrobatics, comedy, world dance and more. Each performer and troupe’s local heritage shines through costumes celebrating their culture and individuality.
Enhanced technology is incorporated at a never-been-done-before dimension, which amplifies each performance by creating awe-inspiring moments bringing the cast and audience closer together. Sonic spatial technology adds directional sound to put focus on specific areas of the arena, coupled with a spotlight tracking system connecting and directing the audience’s attention to the performers. Video moments of the audience will be incorporated into each show, allowing fans to truly be a part of The Greatest Show On Earth.
“When thinking about how to bring The Greatest Show On Earth back for families, creating an experience that could be collectively enjoyed by children of all ages was at the top of our list,” said Juliette Feld Grossman, Chief Operating Officer of Feld Entertainment and Producer of The Greatest Show On Earth. “The new entertainment experience will present a phenomenal span of wow and wonder that onlyRingling can deliver and is designed for families to leave inspired, energized and filled with memories to last a lifetime.”
The Greatest Show On Earth includes new jaw-dropping acts, featuring apparatus innovations developed exclusively for Ringling:
- The Triangular High Wire introduces a fresh twist on a circus favorite, with four performers on three 25-foot high wires connected in a triangular formation 25 feet above the arena floor.
- The Criss-Cross Flying Trapeze will captivate audiences with a real 360-degree view, featuring nine trapeze artists soaring from front-to-back, side-to-side, and diagonally within the ultimate swing set-inspired play space.
- A double wheel features four open-sided wheels rotating independently at epic speeds, powered by acrobats who perform daring back-and-forth jumps between both apparatuses at heights up to 30 feet above the ground.
- The Extreme Box Jump Trampoline sends bikes soaring through the air during a high-adrenaline extreme sport act featuring a compilation of BMX, trial bikes and unicycle riders performing stunts on trampolines.
- Additional unbelievable performances include hand-to-hand balance acts blended with acro sports, original teeterboard combinations, a physical comedy troupe sparking spontaneous moments of fun and laughter.
At the helm of The Greatest Show On Earth is a world-class creative team revolutionizing the way audiences view and participate in live entertainment.
- Directors Dan Shipton and Ross Nicholson have developed their craft through a diverse scope of stadium shows, live tours for today’s most celebrated pop stars, high-profile television productions, and arena shows.
- Production Designer Josh Zangen, a visual storyteller with experience planning tour stages for A-list musical artists, created the playground-inspired set that is full of surprises.
- Casting is led by internationally-recognized talent scout, Giulio Scatola, who has worked on prominent stage and circus shows.
- Celebrity choreographer, Gustavo Vargas, will bring his twenty years of dance experience to lead the cast in captivating dance and movement scenes.
- Senior Director of Costumes Dawna Oak, whose creations have been seen on Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street LIVE! and more, is crafting the looks that build personas and distinguish each performer.
- Ilja Nowodworski has developed the show’s video design, and Jean-Damien Climonet serves as the creative consultant for the BMX stunt sequence.
- Original music for The Greatest Show On Earth is arranged by Michael Picton, an award-winning composer writing for film, television, advertising, theatre, and circus.
- Having worked on some of the biggest music award shows, visual artist, Jesse Blevins, serves as the production’s lighting designer.
- Comedic writer, Anne Mortensen-Agnew and children’s animated writer, Chris Gentile, will reimagine a show through larger-than-life storytelling blending comedic humor and action.
WHEN: Friday, January 12 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 13 11 a.m., 3 p.m. & 7 p.m.
Sunday, January 14 1 p.m. & 5 p.m.
Monday, January 15 1 p.m.
Tickets: start at $25 Ticket pricing is subject to change based on market demand. All tickets are reserved. Buy tickets at Amway Center box office or at Ticketmaster.com. All dates, act(s) and ticket prices are subject to change without notice. All tickets are subject to applicable taxes, service, handling and facility fee charges. For Amway Center box office and ticket information, visit AmwayCenter.com (phone purchases are not available through the Amway Center box office). The Amway Center is located at 400 West Church Street and the box office is located on the north side of the Amway Center, near theintersection of Church Street and Hughey Avenue.
Feld Entertainment®, family owned and operated, is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that bring people together and uplift the human spirit. Properties include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Monster Jam®, Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Jurassic World Live Tour, Monster Energy AMA Supercross, and the SuperMotocross World Championship. Across the brand portfolio, Feld Entertainment has entertained millions of families in more than 75 countries and on six continents. Visit FeldEntertainment.com for more information.
About Amway Center
Amway Center, owned and operated by the City of Orlando on behalf of the Central Florida community, hosts major national events, concerts and family shows since its opening in the Fall 2010. The Orlando Magic served as the developer and the facility was designed to reflect the character of the community, meet the goals of the users and build on the legacy of sports and entertainment in Orlando. The building’s exterior features a modern blend of glass and metal materials, along with ever-changing graphics via a monumental wall along one facade. A 180-foot tall tower serves as a beacon amid the downtown skyline. The 875,000 square foot, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold-certified building features a sustainable, environmentally-friendly design and unmatched technology, including 1,100 digital monitors, the tallest high-definition video board in an NBA venue and multiple premium amenities available to all patrons in the building. Amway Center was recently honored with the International Association of Venue Managers' 2017 Venue Excellence Award, which is bestowed upon facilities that excel in the management and operation of public assembly venues. Amway Center was the only arena to garner this distinction. Additionally, the arena has earned numerous awards, which most notably includes TheStadiumBusiness Awards’ 2013 Customer Experience Award and was named SportsBusiness Journal's 2012 Sports Facility of the Year. For more information about the Amway Center, visit AmwayCenter.com.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario