It’s the start of February and that means it’s officially National Macadamia Nut Month.
Wait, you mean you didn’t know that? And you didn’t realize that macadamia nuts are nutritional powerhouses that have lifelong positive health benefits, including the prevention of cardiovascular disease and some forms of cancer?
And to celebrate Macadamia Nut Month, the good folks at milkadamia have an absolutely amazing limited time offer. All during February, you can get a case of six 32 oz. Unsweetened Milkadamia milks at Costco for only $6.49!!! This offer is good at all Costco stores in North America and runs until February 28th.
We all know about the creamy, slightly decadent taste of milkadamia products—all of which are palm-oil free, by the way— but what exactly are the health benefits of macadamia nuts?
- Reduce the risk of inflammation which is often the cause of chronic diseases
- Have the best omega 3:6 ratio of any nut
- Promote brain health
- Improve metabolic syndrome and diabetes
- May reduce the risk of heart disease and certain types of cancer
- Lower the risk of heart disease
- Contain high levels of dietary fiber, protein, manganese, thiamin, and even copper
- May support weight loss
- Are exceptionally high in good fats (mono) and extremely low in bad (poly) in comparison to other nuts
- Are the rich and creamy nut, therefore cooking with macadamia nut oil ensures a nutrition-density AND a creamy texture and added satiation (much like the avocado)
This feels like the perfect story for National Macadamia Nut Month in February. Let me know if you need further information or would like to speak with someone at milkadamia