Score Big This Super Bowl Sunday with Old Amsterdam® Cheese
Darien, CT – February 2022 – No matter who’s playing, be a winner at this year’s Super Bowl party by serving up Old Amsterdam® Cheese. The ultimate crowd-pleaser, Old Amsterdam Gouda is guaranteed to score you extra points with all your guests.
Whether you’ll be serving up gameday nachos, a Super Bowl charcuterie board, the ultimate cheese dip, or delicious cheeseburger sliders, Old Amsterdam Gouda is sure to be the MVP of every Super Bowl celebration – because, let’s be honest, biting into some warm, gooey cheese is so much better than a touchdown. A killer gameday spread is the best way to guarantee that everyone wins on Super Bowl Sunday, regardless of what happens in the game.
Old Amsterdam Cheese, the market leader in Branded Aged Gouda in Holland, offers a delicious lineup of quality Gouda cheeses including Old Amsterdam Classic Aged Gouda and Old Amsterdam Goat Gouda:
- Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda is known as The Classic. This is the #1 Aged Gouda in Holland. This Classic Gouda is aged for a minimum of 8 months and has a perfect balance between sweet and savory. It has rich butterscotch undertones and a dense, smooth texture sparked with fine ripening crystals. This popular and well-loved favorite from Holland has won numerous awards and is loved internationally. It is ideal for cheese platters, recipes, and other pairings such as almonds, jam, fruit chutney, fruits, raisin nut bread, and crackers as well as paired with a favorite wine, beer, or cocktail.
- Old Amsterdam Goat Gouda has been voted the number one Hard Goat’s Milk cheese in the world. This Goat Gouda is aged for a minimum of 8 months and has a very surprising and pleasant flavor profile and is refreshingly sweet with caramel undertones and a smooth, creamy texture with fine ripening crystals. The sweetness and texture make this great on salads, sandwiches, and in many recipes. It pairs well on a platter with hazelnuts, figs, fruits, and your favorite IPA’s.
Old Amsterdam’s cheeses have won numerous awards in the past, including Best Aged Gouda and Best Hard Goat’s Milk Cheese at the World Championship Cheese Contest (United States), Best Gouda at the World Cheese Awards (United Kingdom), and Best Dutch Cheese at The International Cheese and Dairy Awards (United Kingdom).
The mouthwatering varieties of Gouda offered by Old Amsterdam make for the perfect range of cheesy-delicious crowd-pleasing Super Bowl snacks, including these scrumptious Old Amsterdam Mac ‘n Cheese Bites (see recipe below!). For more tasty Super Bowl snack ideas, please visit https://oldamsterdam.com/
Old Amsterdam Mac ‘n Cheese Bites
10 minutes – Approx. 30 pieces
- 5 oz. (possibly quick-boiling) macaroni
- 1 oz. of butter
- 1/8 cup of flour
- 1 tsp spicy paprika powder
- 8 oz. of milk
- 8.8 oz. grated Old Amsterdam Gouda
- 9 oz. of grated Old Amsterdam Gouda to garnish/dip
- 2 eggs
- Approx. 4 oz. of flour (to be removed)
- Approx. 5 oz. of Panco, Japanese breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil for frying
Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the package in water with salt. Drain using a colander. Let the butter melt over low heat until it no longer fizzes. Stir in the paprika powder and flour and cook for a minute. Add the 8 oz. of milk and stir it with a whisk to bind and make a smooth sauce. Let it boil for a short while and turn the heat down.
1. Stir in the Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda cheese with a spatula until it is almost melted. Mix in the macaroni and add salt and pepper if you wish. Put everything in a small bowl and let cool completely in a few hours. Cover with plastic wrap.
2. With wet hands, form balls the size of a large bitterballen or large golf ball.
3. Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan to 350°F. If you put a piece of bread in the oil and it immediately fizzles, then the oil is hot enough.
4. Prepare 3 dishes. 1 with flour (the second amount of flour in the ingredient list – 4 oz.), 1 with the 2 beaten eggs and 1 with the breadcrumbs. Roll the “mac and cheese” bites, in succession, first in the flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs. Do this in batches of about 5-6 at a time.
5. Fry them for about 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown and drain on kitchen paper.
Super Bowl Pro-Tip:
Serve them with ‘Old burger’ sauce:
4 tablespoons of mayonnaise mixed with 2 teaspoons spicy paprika power and 2 tbsp of grated Old Amsterdam Aged Gouda to garnish/dip.
Old Amsterdam can be purchased through e-commerce at https://shop.norseland.com/
About Old Amsterdam Cheese
Old Amsterdam is a premium Gouda brand with a character all its own. Its Gouda assortment offers unique, rich flavors and enticing, creamy, or smooth textures with ripening crystals in the aged varieties. The products are the result of authentic family recipes and a tireless passion for great cheese. Old Amsterdam is a brand of the family-owned Westland Cheese Company, and it is distributed in North America by Norseland, Inc.
About Westland Cheese Company
The Westland Cheese Company is a family business that originates from the early 20th century (1936) and is located in Huizen (Holland). Westland is 100 % family-owned, and led by Mrs. Henny Westland, with its third-generation management currently handling the business. Old Amsterdam Cheese is the flagship brand & product and currently exported to more than 65 countries around the world.
Westland also includes sustainability efforts to lower its carbon footprint. The company will be 100 years old in 2036, and its goal is to serve at least 100 million people sustainable, climate-neutral cheese by that year. Steps include decreasing the amount of plastic used and incorporating recyclable packaging, using green-based electricity, and buying only from sustainable dairy chains. The members of these dairy chains participate in the program, Cow Compass, a management system on animal health and welfare for companies producing milk and making dairy products. Extra food products are delivered to food banks and the company supports several social goals with financial support and volunteering. Westland also launched a joint venture with Those Vegan Cowboys to introduce a plant-based vegan cheese.
About Norseland, Inc.
Norseland, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of TINA SA, a cooperative of more than 11,000 dairy farmers in Norway. They are best known as the importer, sales, marketing, and distribution agent for the iconic Jarlsberg cheese, but the family of brands is very diverse, including the top specialty brands that span Europe and that combine traditional recipes, passed down through family generations, with modern cheese-making techniques.